The first of my 2010 weekly reports, covering market updates on Kauai foreclosure and short sale listings – island-wide.
Highlights below include links to MLS details and photos.
Ocean Front and Ocean View highlights:
- A new REO listing on Hoonani Road at $899,000 went “Under Contract” in 9 days, meaning there’s an all cash buyer with no contigencies. Photos
- On Lawai Road, Kuhio Shores #204 1 bd / 1 bath condo; listed at $419,900 went into escrow. Photos
On the Eastside in Kapaa:
- After a price drop to $611,900, oceanfront 924 Niulani Road went into escrow. This 2 bedroom cottage, 12,613 sq ft lot is literally on the beach, near Waipouli Beach Resort. Photos
- Waipouli Beach Resort New REO – F202 listed at $535,000 with 2 bd / 3 baths. Interior facing, but no real views of the ocean. More REO listings are likely at this complex. Photos. Waipouli Site Map.
- Across the street from the ocean, 1139 Moanakai Rd #1 is a new listing in the heart of Kapaa town. Listed at $599,900 this 3 bedroom 1928 home needs major repairs. Photos
- To get a personal glimpse of the Eastside oceanfront, join me for a bike ride along the oceanfront Eastside Multi-Use Path (politically correct term for what’s generally called the “Bike Path“)
This week’s top stories, in no particular order:
- State Foreclosures Surge – Honolulu Star Bulletin
- Foreclosure Filings in Isles at New High – KauaiPeople.com
- What does 2010 have in store for Housing? – Early Show, CBS News
- Mortgage Rates Fall This Week; 30-Year Fixed at 5.09% – WSJ.com
- New Rules Help Borrowers at Closing – WSJ.com
- RealtyTrac Market Predictions for 2010
- Foreclosures on GSE Loans Fell in 3rd Quarter – WSJ.com
- GSE’s complete 405,000 HAMP Loan Mods – HousingWire.com